The Cardiology Department at Heart Hospital Patna offers full range of services from Preventive, Diagnostic, and Curative to Complex Cardiac Interventions.
Our Diagnostic services include ECG, Tread Mill Test (TMT), Echocardiography with colour Doppler, Contrast Echo, Stress Echocardiography, Trans esophageal echocardiography, Vascular Doppler, Tissue imaging, 24 Hrs Holter ECG monitoring, 24 Hrs Ambulatory Blood Pressure Recording, Head Up Tilt Table Test, Pulmonary Function Test, Six Minute Walk Test etc.
Cardiology Department is equipped with a State Of Art CATH lab that is formally inaugurated on March 20, 2004 by Padamshri Dr. Ashwin B.Mehta, Director of Cardiology, Jaslok Hospital, Mumbai. Cardiologists here perform more than 2000 procedures annually.
The Department routinely performs :-
- Angiographies –Coronary, Peripheral, Carotid and Renal.
- Angioplasties –Coronary, Carotid, Renal & Emergency revascularization including Primary PCI.
- Balloon Mitral Valvotomy
- Balloon Pulmonary Valvotomy
- Aortic valvuloplasty
- Balloon Dilation of Co-arctation of Aorta
- Device closure & Interventions of Congenital Heart Disease
- EP Study and Radio Frequency Ablation of Various Tachyarrhythmia’s
- Temporary and Permanent Pacemaker Implantation (ICD, Bi-Ventricular Pacing)
- IVC Filter Implantation for VTE.
The average Door to Balloon time at HHPL is less than 45 minutes which is comparable to best centers in the India. Heart Hospital Patna is the only center in Bihar to offer DNB in Cardiology in Private Setup.